Partner Trademark Attorney
- “False identity: YAMATO or YAMATA” (Gorodissky and Partners Information Bulletin, ¹ 4 (72) 2010)
- Chapter 32 “Russia” (“Trade Secrets throughout the World”, edition 2014–2015)
- “Online brand protection under Russian law” (Online Brand Enforcement 2016 / World Trademark Rewiew, February 2016)
- “Copyright”, “Copyright infringement lawsuit” (“IP Management in Russia” of Gorodissky & Partners for JETRO, 3rd edition, March 2016)
- “International organizations’ role in IP development” (“Patent attorney”, #4, 2016)
- “Parallel independent creation: is it possible?” (Gorodissky and Partners Information Bulletin, № 2 (120) 2017)
- “Conflicts between trademarks and other
subject-matters” (3rd annual seminar “Obtaining and Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights in Russia”, Saint Petersburg, August 2006)
- “Principle of „senior right“ in conflict of a trademark with other objects” (5th annual seminar “IP Protection Strategies for Company Successful Development”, Moscow, April 2007)
- “Copyright: legislation novels” (6th annual seminar “IP Protection Strategies for Company Successful Development”, Moscow, April 2008)
- “Who remains at the top of the hill? Trademarks vs. clones” (5th annual seminar “Obtaining and Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights in Russia”, Saint Petersburg, August 2008)
- “Copyright infringement on Internet” (III
All-RussiaForum “Intellectual Property — XXI Century”, Moscow, April 2010)
- “IP Conflicts on the Internet” (7th annual seminar “Obtaining and Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights in Russia”, Moscow, August 2010)
- “Collective management of copyrights and neighbouring rights — myths and reality” (8th annual seminar “IP Protection Strategies for Company Successful Development”, Moscow, April 2010)
- “Use of IP objects in domain names: legal regulations and judicial practice” (IX annual conference “Intellectual property: from safe protection to effective management”, Ekaterinburg, November 2011)
- “Notable IP battles of 2011–2012 in the Russian courts” (8th annual seminar “Obtaining and Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights in Russia”, Moscow, September 2012)
- “Global and local „patent wars“ in the sphere of information technologies” (10th annual seminar “IP Protection Strategies for Company Successful Development”, Moscow, April 2012)
- “Combating Counterfeiting in Russia” (8th
bi-annualAIPPI International Baltic Conference on Intellectual Property, Vilnius, Lithuania, April 2013)
- “IP Court — judicial step forward” (9th annual seminar “Obtaining and Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights in Russia”, Saint Petersburg, August 2013)
- “Legal issues on protection and enforcement of patent rights in Russia” (4th webinar “Legal issues on protection and enforcement of biopharmaceutical patent rights in Russia”, Moscow, June 2013)
- “New approaches in hearing cases by the Intellectual Property Rights Court” (round table “Infringement of trademark and domain names rights in the Internet” under the aegis of the International trademark association (INTA), Moscow, October 2014)
- “Protection of exclusive rights in domain names and the Internet” (3rd International IP Forum hosted by Kutafin Moscow State Law University, Moscow, February, 2015)
- “Domain name as an additional tool of an effective brand protection” (13th annual seminar “IP Protection Strategies for Company Successful Development”, Moscow, April 2015)
- “Brand Protection on the Internet in Russia” (10th Brand Protection and Anti-Counterfeiting Summit, Berlin, November 2015)
- “Contestation practice of the Russian PTO decisions: interesting and decisional cases” (14th annual seminar “IP protection strategies for successful company development”, Moscow, April 2016)
- “Best practices for protection of Trade Dress in food industry in Russia” (Food and Beverage, Law & IP Summit, London, November 2016)
- “New approaches of the Russian Supreme Court in trademark cancellation cases” (Conference “Top 10 legal disputes: past and present practices of civil disputes”, Moscow, December 2016)
- “Brand protection: counterfeits and the unique problems in emerging markets” (MIP Luxury Brand & Retail Forum 2017, New York, April 2017)
- “Topical issues of industrial designs legal protection in Russia” (21st International Conference “IP role in innovative economy”, Moscow, October 2017)
- “Ways to obtain information on patent protection practices in different jurisdictions” (17th FICPI Open Forum, Venice, October 2017)
- Represented a
well-knownAmerican playwright in a case of a copyright protection against several Russian theatres; as a result the theatres made licensing agreements with the author for using her plays.
- Represented the largest Russian airline in a case on copyright infringement.
- Represented large German and Israeli companies in trademarks protection cases against former distributors, who have illegally registered
world-famoustrademarks in their names; as a result, the illegal registration was cancelled.
- Represented a large American company in a case of trademark infringement against manufacturer of counterfeit goods (construction materials); as a result, counterfeit products were arrested by police, destroyed and the illegal production was stopped; this case was covered in mass media.
- Represented several largest foreign companies from Europe, USA and Japan in cases against parallel importers.
- Represented clients in cases of trademark rights protection against illegal use of trademarks in the Internet, including domain names.
- Represented clients in cases of cancellation of trademark protection due to
- Represented a large US pharmaceutical company in a case on IP rights infringement against generic drugs producer.
- Represented a large Japanese producer of
shock-absorbersfor vehicles against a patent troll, claiming to pay him 32 million dollars for his IP rights infringement; as a result, his 10 patents were cancelled and the cases on IP rights infringement, initiated by police, were dismissed.
- Represented a large Korean electronic company in the case against a patent troll, claiming to pay him 10 million dollars for his IP rights infringement; as a result all his demands were rejected by the court.
- Performing IP due diligence for a large Russian corporation
- Performing IP due diligence for the largest Russian bank.
- Advising Russian, European, USA, Japanese and Korean companies on IP licensing and IP rights transfer.