PATENT & TM ATTORNEYS PRACTICE
Dispute Resolution and Litigation
One of our firm’s key service areas is legal support and settlement of IP disputes. Our experts have considerable experience at both national and international levels in handling infringement of patents, trademarks, copyright and related rights, software and databases, domain names, as well as disputes pertaining to authorship (inventorship) and establishment of IP rights, and disputes arising from IP contracts such as assignment, licensing and franchising, along with other disputes in the field of intellectual property. We also frequently handle appeals against decisions issued by the Russian Patent and Trademark Office (Rospatent).
We have an impressive track record in conducting various cases before judicial, administrative and law enforcement bodies. In particular, we have considerable experience representing Russian and foreign clients’ interests before commercial courts and courts of general jurisdiction, national and international arbitration forums, Rospatent and the Federal
We provide an integrated approach to IP rights protection through our full range of services, which include:
- advising on and preparing legal documents related to
pre-trialor judicial settlement of disputes
- preparing and submitting warning letters to alleged offenders
- preparing and submitting statements of claims and appeals to competent courts, as well as to the IP Court and the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation
- representing clients’ interests in domestic and international commercial courts, conciliation/mediation procedures and procedures related to amicable settlement of disputes
- preparing and filing complaints regarding illegal use of IP to customs authorities and police departments with the goal of bringing the alleged infringers before the competent courts
- representing clients’ interests in the Federal
Anti-monopolyService of the Russian Federation (and its territorial divisions), including in connection to putting counterfeits on the market, misleading consumers regarding the products and their manufacturers, as well as the illegal acquisition and use of exclusive rights to trademarks and service marks
We offer a personalised approach and strategy for each client, selecting the most effective tools to resolve their IP disputes.