PATENT & TM ATTORNEYS PRACTICE
IP Enforcement and Anti-counterfeiting
The spread of counterfeits negatively affects rights holders' reputation and endangers consumers. For many years we at Gorodissky & Partners have been helping Russian and foreign clients to enforce successfully their IP rights and combat the production and distribution of counterfeits. We offer an integrated approach to combating counterfeiting, including through:
- recording IP rights on the customs authorities’ IP registries
- monitoring and investigating counterfeits
- participating in searches and police raids
- preparing and submitting warning letters to infringers
- preparing and submitting complaints on the illegal use of IP rights to the customs authorities and police departments with the express goal of bringing the alleged infringers before the competent courts
- preparing and submitting statements of claim to courts in order to recover damages and receive monetary compensations for IP infringement
We also have considerable experience in combating parallel imports and grey market goods. We offer realistic and effective measures against the circulation of parallel imports — not only in the domestic market, but on the Internet as well. We have a proven track record in settling disputes arising from parallel imports and the distribution of grey market goods.
As IP lawyers and patent and trademark attorneys we frequently take part in national and international symposiums and conferences on parallel imports organised by Customs and other law enforcement agencies, as well as by international associations and unions; we also hold trainings and seminars for personnel from Customs and law enforcement agencies, as well as closely collaborate with Russian and international customs offices and law enforcement agencies on all issues relating to the protection/enforcement of IP rights and the combat against counterfeiting and parallel imports.