- “Russia Sets $280 000 Fine for Breaching Data Localization Law” (Gorodissky.com, December 2019)
- “Comparing privacy laws: GDPR v. Russian Law on Personal Data” (OneTrust DataGuidance, November 2019)
- “Data Centers and the Law on the Security of Critical Information Infrastructure of the Russian Federation: peculiarities” (DCJournal.ru № 26/27, June 2019)
- “Russia: New case law on web analytics and cookies” (IPPro, Issue 23, 2019)
- “Russian authorities apply GDPR-style rules to web analytics” (International Law Office (ILO), March 2019)
- “Russia: Harmonising data protection laws with the EU” (DataGuidance, Febuary 2019)
- “GDPR: Compliance Issues in Russia” (Gorodissky and Partners Information Bulletin, #3 (128), 2018)
- “GDPR is haunting Russia: compliance challenges” (International Law Office (ILO), September 2018)
- “Protecting critical infrastructure in the data center: the nuances of new laws”, legal advice (DCJournal.ru. 2018.
- “Personal data in a commercial data center: what does the law say?”, legal advice (DCJournal.ru. 2017.
- “Changes to Taxation of Digital Services in Russia” (Lexology, March, 2017 (in
co-authorshipwith A. Alifanov)
- “Expensive stop: how not to lose money in the data center work failure”, legal advice (DCJournal.ru. 2016.
- “Servers in pawn, or when you can’t pay bills”, legal advice (DCJournal.ru. 2016.
- “Venäjä tiukentaa kansalaisten henkilötietojen valvontaa” (Interview for newspaper “Aamulehti”,(Helsinki), February, 2015)
- “Russian data to Russian data centers: amendments to the personal data law” (DCJournal.ru. 2015
- “Russian residence permit for personal data” (FINVESTI, 2015
- “East or West, Home Is Best: Russia Localises Personal Data Processing” (Global Data Hub, May, 2015. (in
co-authorshipwith Е. Warma)
- “Venäjän uudistetun henkilötietolain vaikutuksia” (VENLA. 2015. No. 1. (in
co-authorshipwith E. Warma)
- “Russia: Credit Histories Will Be More Detailed and Accessible” (Lexology, August, 2014. (in
co-authorshipwith S. Dyachenko)
- “Unfair conditions in banking contracts with clients” (Economy and Law, 2014. No. 1)
- “Russia Adopts Good Faith Principle” (European Regional Forum News. 2013. No.3. (in
co-authorshipwith S. Dyachenko)
- “New Russian Court for IPRs” (IPRinfo, April, 2012. (in
co-authorshipwith H. Paalanen-Koev)
- “Russia Mediates Everything — New Law At a Glance” (Mondaq, April, 2011)
- “Protection of clients’ interests in financial markets by means of “the soft law” (Economics and Law, 2011. No. 1. (in
co-authorshipwith J. Fogelson)
- “Russia Changes Approach to Domain Name Protection” (Lexology, October, 2010)
- “The Internet Speaks Russian: The. РФ Domain is Growing Up” (Lexology, May, 2010)
- “Protection of financial services clients’ rights”: monograph (Moscow: Norma,
Infra-M. 2010. (in co-authorshipwith M. Efremova, V. Petrishchev, Y. Fogelson)
- “Protection of clents’ rights in financial services markets in Russian Civil Law” (Economy and Law, 2009. No. 11)
- “Global GDPR Compliance Challenges: Case of Russia” (IAPP Europe Data Protection Congress 2019, Brussels, November 2019)
- “Personal data on the Internet: an asset or business risk?” (International Conference “IE-Commerce: Legal aspects”, Moscow, September 2019)
- “E-commerce: Russian Privacy Rules v. GDPR” (Seminar “Internet Business in Russia: Main Requirements and Risks according to legislation”, Helsinki, September 2019)
- “Data Protection in Russia – Top 5 Compliance Challenges” (Seminar “Obtaining and Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights in Russia”, Moscow, September 2019)
- “Personal data on the Internet: an asset or business risk?” (Conference “Latest trends of IP and Licensing Regulations in the Eurasian Union Countries”, Minsk, June 2019)
- “New Rules for State Supervision of Personal Data Operators” (IT Committee of the French-Russian Chamber of Commerce “New Rules for State Supervision of Personal Data Operators”, Moscow, May 2019)
- “Basics of compliance in the personal data processing” (Training “ Basics of compliance in the personal data processing”, Moscow, April 2019)
- “Personal Data: Asset or Risk?” (Conference Retail Day 2019, Moscow, March 2019)
- “International Data Transfers” (PrivacyRules Webinar “ International Data Transfers ”, March 2019)
- “Personal data protection: step-by-step guide” (Seminar “ IP importance in doing business”, Ufa, February 2019)
- “Licensing in online business” (LES Russia seminar “Licensing as an effective business development tool”, Moscow, December 2018)
- “Data Transfer and Localization Rules for Online Services” (PrivacyRules Conference, London, October 2018)
- “Personal Data Protection on the Internet: International compliance” (Second International Conference “Protection of Intellectual Property Rights”, Moscow, October 2018)
- “GDPR impact on the international companies Russian branches” (Seminar “GDPR in action: practical application and lawyers’ feedback”, Moscow, October 2018)
- “Personal Data Protection: International compliance” (Business breakfast “Intellectual property and related issues”, Moscow, October 2018)
- “Russian Data Privacy Law v. GDPR” (DataGuidance webinar “Online Business: Russian Data Privacy Law v. GDPR”, Moscow, September 2018)
- Successfully represented a major international hotel chain in the on-site personal data inspection conducted by the Russian Data Protection Authority (Roscomnadzor).
- Implemented a full-scale data privacy compliance project for a manufacturing enterprise belonging to a Fortune500 company.
- Implemented a data privacy compliance project for a large business center.
- Implemented a data privacy compliance project for the Russian branch of an international pharmaceutical company.
- Advised a leading online games developer on the use of virtual money and virtual items under Russian law.
- Advised an international mobile apps developer on “Yarovaya Law” (the Russian anti-terrorism legislation including, among other things, requirements on retaining user data and disclosing such data to authorities).
- Provided legal support in a project on venture investments in online start-up.
- Developed an efficient legal position for a major manufacturing company in a litigation against an ICT integrator.
- Conducted due diligence of IP assets and ICT systems owned by a number of Russian enterprises (M&A project).
- Managed a Russian trademarks portfolio owned by a European retail company.